Parties, preamble and scope
This Agreement has been entered into by the following mobile operators:
- hereinafter called “the Parties” collectively and “Operator” individually.
1.1 Inclusion of new parties in the Agreement
Mobile operators may enter into this Agreement by submitting a request to the Director of TI (the Telecommunication Industries Association in Denmark (Telekommunikationsindustrien)). On receipt of such request, TI shall without undue delay submit the agreement for signature, and on receipt of the signed agreement, notify the Parties.
The purpose of the Agreement is to establish a framework for the provision of mobile payment systems for use with premium rated services and products, with the intention of supporting market growth, innovation and consumer protection.
Furthermore, the purpose of the Agreement is to guarantee a transparent market for such premium rated services and products, with standardised and correct communication to the consumers.
The Parties undertake to apply the rules set out in this Agreement to the provision of mobile payment systems in relation to premium rated services and products.
With reference to the “European Framework for Safer Mobile Use by Younger Teenagers and Children”, the Parties undertake the following:
•to offer parents the possibility of customising their children’s mobile phone access,
•to offer advice and easy access to information about the use of mobile telephone services and the steps that parents can take to ensure that their children use the services more safely,
•to encourage customers who are parents to talk to their children about how they should handle the problems that can occur when using mobile telephone services,
•to ensure that the customers can quickly access systems allowing them to report potential security problems,
•to contribute to relevant information initiatives aimed at raising customer awareness of security.
This Agreement does not oblige the Parties to offer charging and mobile payment systems in relation to premium rated services and products.
When this Agreement is signed by the respective Parties, it shall replace the “Framework Agreement for Mobile Content and Payment Services (Rammeaftale for mobile indholds- og betalingstjenester) V4.0 of 1/6/2010″ including annexes.
The Agreement, including the maximum amounts laid down therein, is not applicable to general usage charging, telephone subscription payments, payments for USO services, the sale of telephony services, etc., from the end user’s own mobile company, including
- electronic communications networks and services as set out in section 1 and sections 14-241 of the Danish Executive Order on the Provision of Communications Networks and Services (Udbudsbekendtgørelsen),
- information and content services, with integrated charging in number series set aside by the Danish National IT and Telecom Agency (IT- og Telestyrelsen) for information and content services (formerly “service 900″ services),
- 3-digit short codes in the 11c number series used for provision of USO services or special services essential to society, cf. the services set out in section 26(i) and (iii) of the Danish Act on Competitive Conditions and Consumer Interests in the Telecommunications Market (lov om konkurrence og forbrugerforhold på telemarkedet),
- 4-digit short codes in the number series 18cd, which may only be used for access to a combined access portal to public authorities, directory enquiry services, for provision of services essential to society and provision of shared services of special consumer or social significance associated with the provision of electronic communications networks or services, cf. section 26(ii), (iii), (iv) and (vi) of the Danish Act on Competitive Conditions and Consumer Interests in the Telecommunications Market (lov om konkurrence- og forbrugerforhold på telemarkedet).
1) Danish Executive Order on the Provision of Communications Networks and Services (Bekendtgørelse om udbud af elektroniske kommunikationsnet og –tjenester), No. 1031 of 13 October 2006.
2) Danish Act no. 784 of 28/07/2005 on Competitive Conditions and Consumer Interests in the Telecommunications Market (Lov nr. 784 af 28.07.2005 om Konkurrence- og forbrugerforhold på telemarkedet) cf. Consolidated Act No. 780 of 28/06/2007: “Section 26 Within the overall Danish numbering plan, short codes may exclusively be designated for the following purposes… (iii): Provision of directory enquiry services included under the universal service obligation, cf. section 16(2)(v), as well as provision of special public services.”